All said and done, the hair forms an important part of our appearance. We are biologically programmed to view this as a marker in finding suitable partners as it is an important indicator of a person's youth, health and beauty. With a perfect hairstyle that matches you face shape and figure, you can you can make an individual style statement. But the point is that you can experiment with your looks and locks only if you have thick and luscious hair! Long hair can be called beautiful only if you pay adequate attention to it. There is definitely hard work involved, but the results could astonish you! In addition to being fun and trendy, the hair serves a valuable biological purpose i.e. it keeps your head warm and helps regulate body temperature. Read below to know more about tips to maintain healthy and beautiful hair, some ideas about the myths and facts about hair and how to handle hair breakage.
Hair Myths And Facts:-
- A combination of hormones and genetic factors are responsible for hair loss in both males and females. A typical scalp contains 100,000 to 150,000 hair follicles before any serious cases of hair loss.
- Blondes have the greatest number of scalp follicles followed by brunettes. Redheads are said to have the fewest number of hair follicles!
- The hair is the fastest growing tissue in the body, second only to bone marrow. It is normal to lose approximately 100 hairs per day from the scalp.
- Your hair turns gray because pigment cells known as melanin become dysfunctional. The hair bulb usually degrades in production, with increasing age or stress.
- When your hair is wet, you can increase its length by up to 30% and it will still return to normal length after it has dried. But, if you try this too often then it can damage the hair shafts too.
The Importance of Skin Care Information >>>